Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Livingstone Orphanage

A few weeks back I went to an orphanage here in Davao. While I was there I met some adorable little ones! There are about a dozen children aged from newborn to about 8 years old. They are playful, loving and absolutely precious!

We were there visiting baby Joshua, one of the students babies that was given up for adoption. Joshua's story is a little unique. His mom went into labor prematurely and was rushed to the clinic by her boss. She gave birth in the back of his fancy SUV to a small but otherwise healthy little boy. Had she not given birth in the SUV we would have been forced to transport her to the hospital. But God worked everything out for the best and she and little Joshua stayed at our clinic. The next day he was taken to Livingstone Orphanage!

As we stayed and played with the children, we were overwhelmed with hugs and cuddles. We were tugged on, prodded and crawled on ... I had a blast! I think I took about 100 pictures. Here are some of the best ones.

5 comments:

  1. i am very interested in becoming a midwife in conjunction with a missions organization.

    can you give me more information on how you got started?

    my email: laurenpaigewilliams@yahoo.com

    thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The work you are doing is Amazing!!! God bless you!
    My husband and I are adopting a sibling group from this orphanage Joshua, Jessie and Jomarie. You mention that you took a ton of pictures. If you did see them we'd love it if you could help us - we have only one picture and it is fairly old. I'd love to see more recent pictures of them. My email is
    stephanie_606@yahoo
    Thank you for the work you are doing. There should be more people like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Vince and stephanie,
    I got your message and am happy to go back and take pictures specifically for you... frankly i could use a kid fix right about now. :-)
    You gave me their names but any extra info you have on them would be great.... has the director not been able to give you more recent pictures?
    I'd love to know how your adoption process is going? has it been relatively smooth? or more complicated? When do you think it will be finalized?
    Anyway... you know where to find me. Say the word and i'll make a trip to get the pictures you asking for. :-)
    In Him,
    SW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a great experience taking care of those kids. I take care of 8 babies and one CP kid. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. by the way if you need help speaking visayan just email me psalmisaac@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete