Saturday, March 30, 2013

Montagne Noire

 

Part of the reason this trip to Haiti was so great was I had the joy of seeing a new side of Port au Prince with my dear friends Esther and Matt.

Esther is beautifully pregnant and though we had hoped she’d go into labor while I was there, none of us seemed too intent on pushing things prematurely.

So on our last full day together instead of inducing her, we went for a hike. Esther is the only mama-to-be I know who goes hiking at term. She’s incredible.

They took me to Montange Noire, one of the last remaining forests in the country which is located just north of PAP. The hike was scenic, serene, and full of happy memories for me.

Enjoy a few pictures for that beautiful day!
Changing our shoes before we got started on the hike.
Can you see all the fun faces beside each tree?

We ran into a cloud on the way down... stunning!
Such a beautiful family! Love you guys!
We had a delicious Haitian picnic lunch brought to us.
Me and Esther on top of Montagne Noire.
Thanks for making my stay in PAP so wonderful Esther and Matt. I loved spending time with you and the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment