Friday, April 11, 2008

Juliana Marie

Juliana Marie Born April 11th 2008 at 4:04 am Wt: 3040 g or 6.13 lbs
This young lady came in very active but her contractions were unusual. They were very strong but lasting only about 20-30 seconds. I asked her if she had used Magson (the lotion that causes unnaturally strong uterine contractions) and she said she had. I asked her to wash it off.... she looked at me like I was crazy for asking such a silly thing but did it anyway.


When I checked her blood pressure it was high, 140/100 so I had her lie down and drink some water.... I was going to do an IE because I thought she was fully but my super wanted her blood pressure to come down first. So we breathed through some contractions and I was waiting a bit longer in hopes her BP would come down so we wouldn't have to transport.... and then her eyes got wide. She grabbed my arm and said "Look down there!" and pointed to the baby's head which was already 4 cm visible!


I got gloves on in a hurry and then (once again!) after 9 mins of pushing Juliana joined us! This woman was also a G1 (meaning her first baby) so 9 minutes of pushing is definitely the way to go!

Postpartum: She hemorrhaged 500 cc at birth and continued to lose quite a bit of blood and clots with each check. We were able to manage it only after doing a manual exploration and removing retained membranes and cotyledons.

No comments:

Post a Comment