Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving Impromptu.

This holiday week I find myself in Spain --lovely Spain.

Before coming I daydreamed about making a fancy Thanksgiving meal for my Madrileno friends. But as can be expected, I had no way of planning such an event while in transit.

So I resigned myself to a non-thanksgiving day. However, Tuesday morning I woke at my friend’s house to find myself with more than enough time to cook. I just needed to make sure they were willing to eat!     --It wasn’t a hard sell.

And a few hours later the three of us sat down to a turkey meal and laughed the night away.

I am so thankful for my friends all over the world. I’m so thankful for my family both far and wide. I’m so thankful for a day to stop and remember all of God’s blessings to us!

So to all those States-side (or elsewhere in the world) cooking pies and whipping up mashed potatoes today... here’s a quick shout out from Spain.   
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

Fun little fact:
The word for ‘Thankful’ in Hebrew is yadah (pronounced: yä dä) which comes from the root word meaning to throw, cast, or shoot.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving and into his courts with praise:
be thankful unto Him, and bless His name.
                                            --Psalm 100:4

As I read this verse I imagine believers throwing praises to God, casting love His way, and shooting darts of thankfulness to Him. Shout, O’ Nations! Shout out your thanks to Him alone. For He blesses and blesses and blesses again!


No comments:

Post a Comment