Friday, December 23, 2011

Updates: Triplets, Clubbing, Car Accident...

Car Accident:
Kuac, the boy run over by a truck, had to wait almost 24 hours in Wau before he got surgery. But he eventually got it. Thank you so much for praying!

His family is running out of money, though. Please pray they obtain the funds needed to get the rest of the surgery he might need. The man who hit him will be held liable, of course. It’s just an issue of liquid cash. The hospital charges for each item used (i.e. gauze, gloves, IV fluids). They have to pay up front.

Clubbing:
Baby Tong, the boy born with severe clubbing, is doing well. His parents brought him in for a check-up today. He’s breastfeeding well, and his joints are more limber.

After several recommendations, I researched Arthrogryposis, a rare congenital condition that displays these symptoms. No one is sure how this condition develops. Nevertheless, I believe he has it.

If he has it, there is a 50/50 risk he’ll die within the first year of life (assuming he has one type of the condition). But it’s equally possible he’ll live a long, albeit disabled, life. There is no way of knowing for sure how severe it will turn out to be.

Please pray for his family to know how to care for him properly and that he’d one day have use of his hands and feet. If you are interested in learning more about this condition, I recommend this website

Triplets:
The triplets are alive! Can I get a hallelujah?

Yar, their mother, came in because Ngor has a cold and needed medicine. I took the opportunity to check them all out. Each has gained weight since I saw them last, but they are not growing as would be expected for their ages.

Yar told me they eat only twice a day. She gives them cow's milk, even though she still has breast milk. Once again, I did a long teaching on what should be done to help them gain weight. But I don’t think she listened. She’s hard to read. I’m not sure what to think.

Anyway... please keep praying for them. Their names are Ngor, Chan and Adit. Thanks.

Preterm:

Since I haven’t seen our preterm baby for a check-up this week, I’m starting to think she may have died. She was just so small.

However, I reserve the right to be wrong. Perhaps she’s doing so well that her mom doesn’t think it’s necessary to come back for a check-up. Perhaps.

Pray as the Lord leads. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. In awe of our strength Stephanie ... wanted you to know I am officially studying now! I have two catches under my belt and lots to look forward to this year. I am amazed by the grace and strength God is giving you in the Sudan and I continue to follow along and learn from you.

    tara

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete