Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Monsters.

I have stories --lots and lots of stories-- but I can’t write. When I try to write, my mind races in circles silently screaming --arguing --raging, but nevertheless perversely mute.

Oh, to be able to write them down!

In all honesty, I don’t trust myself. I’m afraid once written, my words will grow into loathsome monsters that will shock, horrify... disappoint.

So I’m silent.

Please bare with me. I have many stories. Really, I do. But how can I write them when my words are mute, and my thoughts are monsters?

Please pray for me to master these monsters. Thanks.

“For though we live in the world we do not wage war as the world does... We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.”
        2 Corinthians 10:4-5

8 comments:

  1. I may not understand completely, goodness knows you have seen things I never have, but my heart sure resonates with yours tonight. Know that you are in my prayers. And that I am continually wowed by the words you so often write so eloquently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what scares monsters, don't you? The light!

    And if it makes a difference, I think I speak for most of your readers when I say we trust you, if you trust your own decisions. (That's the hard part, right?)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you. I agree with jengod. Maybe shedding light on the darkness will make it better. I will be here when you are ready to write again.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for you to have peace and clarity in the midst of swirling monster thoughts!
    Blessings!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Him there is no darkness. We are out here praying. I can not imagine what you see but I know what He provides because you are willing to serve.

    ReplyDelete