Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Update: 8 1/2 fingers... left.

The other day I ran into the worker who lost his fingers in our brick making machine. (Read his story here.) I got pictures of how it's healing and thought you might be interested to see. He says one finger has a bit of the bone protruding but flexibility is better. I'm happy to see his pinkie is healing up well. What is more, he doesn't seem the least bit bitter about the whole thing. Do you think fingers are just fashion accessories here? 

3 comments:

  1. Hi Stephanie,

    I'm wondering if I can use a quote that you made in one of your earlier blog postings, for a presentation that I am doing at the end of January. You had said "If you deaden the pain, or shut it out, you might survive a little while. But ultimately you will lose your tears, your compassion and start thinking this is normal. It is not."

    I think you really hit the nail on the head and would love to share this.

    Thanks,
    Kerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Kerri,
    Yes. Feel free to quote me ;- ) I'm curious though what kind of presentation will you be doing? Is it for school?
    Blessings from Sudan,
    ~SW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Stephanie,

    I have been granted provisional acceptance into Newlife and we are doing a benefit concert and presentation to help raise the funds that we will need. I will be doing a presentation on why I have chosen Newlife and the maternal needs in different parts of the world.

    Kerri

    ReplyDelete