Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Getting in the Christmas Spirit...

This week we (meaning all the remaining missionaries) have been celebrating Christmas Sudanese Style. That means Advent candles, Christmas stockings and two plastic trees. We have tried singing Christmas carols but it's comically atrocious. We can't seem to hit those high notes. We just end up rasping away and laughing it off -- at least we are singing.

To get in the mood we watched 'Christmas Vacation' and drank home-made eggnog! It was DE-lici-OUS! And today we made sugar cookies and frosted them for our staff Christmas party tomorrow. I wanted so much to start eating them now... but then what would we serve tomorrow?
I hope you are all having a wonderful Christmas... wherever you are in the world!

1 comment:

  1. I watched Christmas Vacation today too! Classic. Only I had to watch it by myself cause I think it would be on the house "banned movie list."
    Merry Christmas to you amiga ang gwapa!

    ReplyDelete