Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This Christmas....

Staff party, we had a mini-service, gifts and cookies.
So I’ll catch you up a bit. This Christmas has been extraordinarily relaxing. It couldn’t have come at a more needed time. As a team, we decorated cookies, cooked fancy meals, reveled in eggnog and hot cocoa and sang Christmas carols (off-key) each night. It was great.

We even had a staff party for all the Sudanese, handing out Christmas bonuses, teddy bears and eating those very cookies. It was so great to meet the wives and children of the men I work with.

Christmas day came and went in a blur of food and gifts. In typical fashion, the triptiphane in the turkey put me in a semi-coma and I snoozed all afternoon.

Highlights for me though were all the skype calls I had with family in Europe and the States. It helped stave off some of the holiday blues and dissipated a bit of the homesickness I was experiencing.

So here’s a quick shout out to my family and friends! You know who you are. I love you and miss you! Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to see what I was doing last year at this time and I read this post! How fun to see a picture of you and me! I hope you are having a great year, Steph. I'm reading your blog and you have definitely had an answer to prayer with all the deliveries at the clinic! I'm happy to be home this year, doing new things and working at my church, which has been such a huge blessing for me. I don't miss Sudan, but I miss the people, and all the laughing we did! Please say hi to Dennis, Pritty, Tom and Gabriel for me, ok? I have Margaret on FB and I'm in contact with George and Stacie. Been praying for you and will continue as you march on to a New Year!
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete