Wednesday, December 29, 2010

This Christmas....

Staff party, we had a mini-service, gifts and cookies.
So I’ll catch you up a bit. This Christmas has been extraordinarily relaxing. It couldn’t have come at a more needed time. As a team, we decorated cookies, cooked fancy meals, reveled in eggnog and hot cocoa and sang Christmas carols (off-key) each night. It was great.

We even had a staff party for all the Sudanese, handing out Christmas bonuses, teddy bears and eating those very cookies. It was so great to meet the wives and children of the men I work with.

Christmas day came and went in a blur of food and gifts. In typical fashion, the triptiphane in the turkey put me in a semi-coma and I snoozed all afternoon.

Highlights for me though were all the skype calls I had with family in Europe and the States. It helped stave off some of the holiday blues and dissipated a bit of the homesickness I was experiencing.

So here’s a quick shout out to my family and friends! You know who you are. I love you and miss you! Merry Christmas!