Sunday, August 7, 2011

Sand in My Toes


This week has been a lovely treat.

I spent it under a tall palm tree on the small white beach, watching the masses of holiday-ers come and go.

With summer upon us, most of the resort guests were from Kenya or England.

Day after day, I played and read and ate.        -- Divine.

Plus, my tan is great. I’m actually starting to feel (and look) Mexican again!

Some of the highlights of the trip were eating Italian gelato with my English friends, watching a sunset on a Dhow with my Kenyan friends, and then sailing through the seas on a catamaran trying to catch marlin with my South African and English friends.

The Dhow boat that took us to sunset watching.
Sunset view
The catamaran named 'Contagious'
The western beach on the way for ice cream.
For those of you who prayed for me not to be lonesome, thank you! I was rarely alone... unless I wanted to be.



Now I’m back in Nairobi catching up on last minute details. I head back to Sudan in one week. Pray that I’m able to get my multiple entry visa in time. Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment