Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Market Shopping!

Shopping in Mozambique can be much like in the West. There are supermarkets with neatly packaged boxes and over priced cans. And yes, sometimes I shop there.

But when I have a choice, I much prefer the outdoor market.

This is where I find my dried fish, canisters of beans, and bags of potatoes. Plus, veggies and fruits of varying ripeness are piled high for the picking. I like that.



At first sight of all the wonderful beans... the Mexican in me started to drool. I honestly bought enough beans to feed me for three months! Assuming they last that long! (The weevles have found them!)
 

But what I love best about the outdoor market is the price. I can buy a week's worth of fruits and veggies for under $10 dollars.

Now that's what I'm talkin' about!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment