Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sacrifice of Thanks!

This morning God chided me for my un-thankful heart. He said, “Hear, O Stephanie, and I will speak... I am God, your God. I do not rebuke you for your sacrifices but I have no need of them. If I were in need of anything, I would not tell you. The whole world is mine. Sacrifice instead thank offerings to God, fulfill your vows to the Most High and call upon Me in the day of trouble. I will deliver you and you will honor me.” (See Psalm 50)

It struck me to the heart that I think I can offer anything to God... my service, my days, my work here in Sudan... as if it is something important or grand. It’s not. Anyone can be doing what I do, yet He lets me do it. I get to be here!

He doesn’t want my good deeds of service but my heart of thanksgiving. That is how I can honor Him! So join with me in Thanks to the Holy One who was and is and forever will be. Thank Him with me for the work He is doing here and the small part I get to play.  I want to see souls saved!

“He who sacrifices thank offerings honors me and he prepares the way so that I may show him the salvation of God.” ~ Psalm 50:23

2 comments:

  1. This was very encouraging and I needed to hear it! Thank you for sharing this word from God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen and Amen! How amazing that we get to hang on for the ride. All thanks to God almighty our Creator, Sustainer and Eternal life giver. We love you Jesus!

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete