Friday, November 19, 2010

The sparkle of life ~

I was called out of devotions to attend Amel’s birth early Tuesday morning. She was in active labor and delivered within minutes. Afterward, she had a simple recovery which we spent adoring her beautiful baby boy! His eyes sparkled so bright he was mesmerizing. And we couldn’t help but giggle when he sucked voraciously both hands. 

They named him Acheil Aguak -- meaning "frog." I like to think of him more as a Prince-Charming-to-be! They were so pleased with the birth, they've asked me to give him his Christian name. They plan on baptizing him soon.

Any suggestions on good names for him... one that isn't about 'frogs'!

4 comments:

  1. How about Moses?

    It's a Christian name and it relates to the only story in the Bible that I can recall that has frogs in it.

    If not Moses, I'd suggest Paul,James or Peter. Besides Jesus, they're my favorite men in the Bible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Stephanie,

    Perhaps the Lord called you away for this delivery to encourage your heart. I found a name- Meyer or Mayer-meaning "One who gives light". It is of Hebrew origin. Uriah-means "God is my light. The description of his heavenly eyes spoke to my spirit.
    I will pray that the Lord will lay on your heart the name he would like the little one to be called.
    I am praying for you. I am praying that the Lord will show you how much he loves you. I pray that even in the midst of the turmoil and lack of quiet time you will find rest for your soul. I pray that he will give you a new and fresh annointing of his Holy Spirit to revitalise and encourage your soul. And I am praying that he will show you that your obedience and willingness to do this work for him blesses his heart and his holy name.
    You are a treasure, a princess in the Kingdom of Heaven, a daughter of the Most High God, a humble servant and gifted follower of the Lord Jesus Christ.
    May he lift you up daily as you seek to glorify his name.

    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great! A simple birth is always a great thing to have. I vote "Prince" as a name since his second name is "Frog." If that isn't acceptable, how about Solomon.

    Joshua

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good names! Thanks for suggesting things. I tried to name him "Alma" after my maternal grandfather... it's spanish for 'Soul'. But then they looked at like I was as crazy as I come.
    So I suggested Moses and they smiled relieved. They loved the name Moses. Ha ha! So in my head... I'm going to call him Mo! ;- ) ~ SW

    ReplyDelete