Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Busy-Busy!

Last month we had 19 births and roughly saw 500 woman for prenatals. That might not seem like much but let me tell you it is! If all of these woman came to deliver at the clinic, I’d have 50 births a month easily!

Perhaps I should be happy that they are not all coming to the clinic after all!

Think about these kinds of numbers. If I’m seeing on average 15 NEW patients a day then, many of the women are either coming only once for prenatal care, losing their prenatal books, or I’m on a run-away train to prenatal mania!

Aside from going a bit crazy from the sheer number of women seeking care, I’m getting tired. Margaret is helping me as she can, but the reality is there is just too much work for one midwife.

There is another thing influencing all this. HALF OF SUDAN got pregnant during the referendum in January. I kid you not, HALF of the woman I’m seeing for prenatals are DUE in October!

Something has to give.

My brain is swimming with fundal heights, malaria, STDs and heart beats! I break out in sweats just thinking about what October will bring.

Pray. Pray. Pray.

6 comments:

  1. Praying!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's a huge amount of women and new babies. xx Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. What would need to happen for me to come help you in October? I have no clients in Oct/Nov this year. I have a passport. =) Praying for you! ~Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks ladies!

    Peggy, to answer your question. You should fill out an application online for In Deed and Truth.
    www.indeedandtruth.org

    You have to be approved by the board before you can come. Plus, it's not exactly simple to get here. But I'm praying that it works out.

    Are you a midwife?

    Blessings to you all.
    SW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm a midwife. I'm working on the application.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry, Stephanie, but it looks like I can't come this October. I applied, but In Deed and Truth is not taking new missionaries while Sabet and Suzy are state-side. =( Praying that God will provide some other help for you!

    ReplyDelete