Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Cooking Up a Storm!

My time off has been pretty chill so far. I have to admit I’ve done little more than sleep, eat and catch up on emails.

A sad way to spend a vacation... but refreshing nonetheless!

The friends I’m staying with have been gems. In addition to putting up with my longer-than-expected-visit, they have let me take their kitchen hostage and cook to my heart’s delight.

Can I just say... I’ve missed cooking!

So far we’ve had sun-dried tomato stuffed chicken breasts, sausage pasta, two different types of apple tarts, a number of couscous salads, hamburgers with an Asian coleslaw. And tonight, I’m making a Filipino fish recipe!

Oh, and I’ve been on a hummus kick, too.  A few days ago, I soaked too many chickpeas and had to do something with them. So I made three different types of hummus. But no one seems to be complaining!

We all love hummus!

So... if you are wondering what I’ve been doing with my time. Imagine me in the kitchen surrounded by fresh ingredients and exotic spices!        -- Culinary heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Also, what about one of hummus recipes? I love hummus! mom

    ReplyDelete