Tuesday, September 7, 2010

If I only had a ... sweater.

Me sporting gum boots and pancho.
Days of sun, nights of storms. The weather here cannot be predicted... at least by me. When I was told not to bring any warm clothes, I believed them. I thought I’d be coming to a land of thirst, sunburn and heat stroke.

Instead I find myself ankle deep in muddy water, dodging frogs and sporting a poncho. Recently, I was given gum boots. At the time I thought they were a bit of an exaggeration... but not anymore. Gum boots are rad!

Each night this week has brought in a light show with thunder to follow. Sometimes the rain pounds the metal roof so loud that you can’t hear yourself talk. It’s powerful and frightening.... and wonderful.
I have to admit I’m very happy to have all this rain. I’m warned the heat is coming and it’ll be a scorcher. But at the moment, anything hotter than 80 degrees is hard to imagine. I’m cold. Right now I’m snuggling under thick blankets, wishing I brought a sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment