Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thanks.

The turmoil I felt last week has passed. The burden I struggled to carry is gone. Instead I have sweet peace and satisfaction. And I am certain it is due to all your prayers.

You my sweet friends and prayer warriors. You... my delightful and curiously silent readers. You have been praying. I feel it. And it feels like peace.

Thank you.

God has given me new insight into the needs of this community. I no longer expect these women to fit my mold. My mold is too.... well.... I’m not sure what it is. But it’s not good here. So it’s back to the drawing board. And I’m okay with that.

This new understanding has freed me from the burden of disappointment. And I’m confident that this battle was won in the heavenlies.

Thank you. Thank you so much for praying. Please continue as God might guide you!

Specifically pray if you would...
  • for joy to exude from my life and speech. May it only rival that of peace and contentment.
  • for my health. Each time I think I’m in the clear... WHAM. BOOM. BANG.... I’m sick! This time it’s malaria... again. But surprisingly, it’s not too bad. Pray it goes away quickly.
  • for the women in this community. I’m seeing a lot of women coming in physically abused. One came in with a black eye. Another crawled into (and I mean literally crawled into...) the clinic because of a beating 4 days before. It’s hard to see so much of it and not know what to do to help. Honestly, is aspirin enough?
  • for the dozen or so ladies we have due this month. Pray their families allow them to deliver with us. And they are able to make it. Yesterday one of my ANC girls came in in labor. She so wanted to stay and deliver with us. She clung to me in desperation. But her mother wouldn’t allow it and forced her to go home. They promised to return... but never did. I hope it went okay.

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you! May you continue to feel His grace and peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was recently introduced to your blog and have been so blessed by it. I have read and cried my way all the way through your archives in the last week or two. Your faith and devotion to God in all things and your words of encouragement have been so perfectly timed in my life. I needed something to bolster me and God sent me here to be reminded that to pray for and encourage others is just as much of a blessing for me as for others.

    God bless you and the strong women you serve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Silver and Aaron,
    Thank you. Thank you so much for your prayers and kind encouragements. They somehow make this work just a little bit easier. Love from Sudan! ~SW

    ReplyDelete