Saturday, October 16, 2010

Crusty Yellow Teeth Bark

In the states, we spend insane amounts of money making sure our teeth sparkle and stand unnaturally straight. In fact, the money we spend in toothpaste alone could finance a small European country. Lexumbourg perhaps.

Dental care looks a little different in the Sudan. I haven’t seen any dental floss for sale yet... but I see toothbrushes everywhere. In fact, they grow on trees!

To be more precise... they are trees.

I haven’t decided yet if they are oversized toothpicks or ingenious flaky bristle pads for your teeth! But they are fun.

I’ve watched some people clean their teeth with sticks 2 1/2 feet long. Somehow it works. I’m not sure how well it works on halitosis but hey... at least the crusty yellow teeth gunk is gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment