Sunday, October 30, 2011

Overdrive.

This month has stretched me like never before. I’m made of rubber.
    --It’s a polyurethane miracle!

My silence does not mean I lacked something to say... just the strength to type the words.
    --Yes, it really has been that busy.

As I look back over just this past week, my brain swims in images of craziness. Each complication blurs into the next. Each patient’s face melts into a long line of others.

I’ve seen so many complications this month I now see them when they aren’t even there. It’s like my brain is on overdrive, revving at 160 rpms but not in gear. The stench of rubber fills my nostrils. Exhaust coats my clothes.
    -- Do I pop the clutch?

If you have been praying for us this week... this is why.

Not only have we been crazy busy with normal births by the droves, but we’ve also had a record number of complications come through.

This week alone, I’ve transferred or managed a placental abruption, placenta previa, meconium aspiration neonate, breech in a primip, and a case of pre-eclampsia.

Please pray for the staff. We are overworked and running on E. Pray for wisdom, strength and perseverance. Thanks.

More stories to come... once my engine cools a bit.

1 comment:

  1. HI Steph,
    Praying for you constantly that your ministry there in the clinic is a blessing to the women living in Tonj...and you know what???? IT IS! I really don't know what they would do without you. The women, the babies, the families...they are the ones you have been sent to minister to, on behalf of our Lord and Savior. No matter what else is said and done. These are the works created by your Father, before you were born, for you to do, on His behalf. I'm proud of you. Of what you do, of what you stand for, and how you've "labored on" in the faith, despite....despite....you know that I know. Post this comment or not...I wanted to encourage you. Your prayers are being answered, my friend.
    Love,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete