Monday, October 24, 2011

Rape.

A 7 year old girl was brought to us over the weekend. Neighbors found her in the bushes covered in blood and brought her to her family. They then brought her to us.

She had been raped.

Her attacker was so forceful that she was still actively bleeding hours later, and the doctors suspected internal bleeding.

Who rapes a 7 year old child? What kind of monster can do that? What level of twisted perversion must it take? What darkness must haunt him!

When I think of her tiny body being abused in this way, my blood runs cold. When I look into her expressionless eyes, my blood then boils.

I’ve been watching her on and off for days, and I’ve yet to hear her speak a word. It’s as if she is hiding in another world, detached from the monsters that live in this one.

Please pray for her. But also pray for her attacker. May he confess and repent, and pay the penalty of his crimes. More importantly, may she heal completely from this trauma.

Oh, the darkness of men’s hearts... is dark indeed!

“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” --Psalm 27: 13