Monday, October 24, 2011

Rape.

A 7 year old girl was brought to us over the weekend. Neighbors found her in the bushes covered in blood and brought her to her family. They then brought her to us.

She had been raped.

Her attacker was so forceful that she was still actively bleeding hours later, and the doctors suspected internal bleeding.

Who rapes a 7 year old child? What kind of monster can do that? What level of twisted perversion must it take? What darkness must haunt him!

When I think of her tiny body being abused in this way, my blood runs cold. When I look into her expressionless eyes, my blood then boils.

I’ve been watching her on and off for days, and I’ve yet to hear her speak a word. It’s as if she is hiding in another world, detached from the monsters that live in this one.

Please pray for her. But also pray for her attacker. May he confess and repent, and pay the penalty of his crimes. More importantly, may she heal completely from this trauma.

Oh, the darkness of men’s hearts... is dark indeed!

“I would have lost heart, unless I had believed that I would see the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living.” --Psalm 27: 13

5 comments:

  1. Poor child... I honestly have no words to say except that I will be praying for her today, a little girl on the other side of the world who I have never met yet whose pain feels so immense that it easily stretches across continents. May God be with you as well as you care for her and so many other women whose stories are so full of sorrow. I pray that he would continue to protect your heart and overwhelm you with such an overflowing joy in what you do! Thank you so much for sharing these stories with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am praying for you and them Stephanie. God bless this darling little girl and heal her broken body, soul and spirit.

    There is true darkness in the heart of men. May Jesus come and flood this world with His light, so that the darkness must flee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How unspeakably awful. No wonder she isn't speaking. What adult would know what to say, much less a child?

    And do take care of yourself out there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just praying here. No words seem sufficient in this scenario.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm very sorry and sad. Poor little girl. The world is full of cruelty. Thank the Lord for his love and salvation. I'll pray for the little girl, the attacker, and her family. <3

    ReplyDelete