Sunday, October 30, 2011

Update: Rape

The young rape victim’s family all came to church this morning. It was so good to see them again and learn she is doing better.

They also explained that the perpetrator was caught.

I’m told he’ll be incarcerated until she turns 18 years old or has successfully produced a child.

Apparently several years and heavier fines can be added to his sentence if she doesn’t menstruate at the proper time. It can get worse if she cannot conceive.

Strangely, I am more than satisfied with this arrangement. In the States, rapist are rarely kept in prison for longer than a year. This guy has a minimum of 10 years.

I was sad to learn it was a young man though. I don’t know how young, but obviously old enough to know better. Ten years in a Sudanese prison will not be easy. Please continue to pray as God leads.

May this boy repent and get saved. May this girl heal and one day know the love of God. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. There was a time, I'm told, when convicted rapists in the Philippines were castrated. I can't verify that, but it is an interesting solution...

    ReplyDelete