Sunday, June 20, 2010

My Bodyguard!

While shopping, Gordon is being careful to take me to only ‘safe’ and ‘clean’ places. I asked him why we weren’t going to the open air market since it’s bound to be cheaper. He told me that he isn’t allowed to do it. He knows he’ll get in trouble if he takes ‘risks’ or puts me in unsafe situations. I get that but … we are talking fruit here. Right? No. Apparently there’s more.

I don’t know what more I’m missing but I’m sure I’ll understand one of these days. Half laughing, I asked him if he was afraid I’d go to these places, get scared and run from Kenya screaming. He answered without a hint of sarcasm, ‘Yes. That is it.’

I laughed but he didn’t. Oh, Kenya!

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your blog Stephanie. You make me feel like I am there with you and seeing what you are seeing. God's blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete