Saturday, June 12, 2010

Pilgrims

I leave the grand ol' USA in a few short days - 3 1/2 to be exact.
It's hard to imagine what my upended life will look like a week from now... let alone a year from now. But I'm excited.

This place seems so real... and my destination... well.... it seems imaginary, exotic and strange.
My brain in an effort to understand what it will be like, has started superimposing the images I've seen of Tonj with what I see around me. The overlap just doesn't mesh.
And to be honest, I almost want to run and hide.
But instead I take a deep breath and I pray.
I've been praying for this and preparing for this for years.
Yes, my new home will be quite different but then again, aren't we just pilgrims on this planet after all?

1 comment:

  1. I'm getting ready to move to Davao in 50 days, and I feel the exact same way about moving to the Philippines! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to read about your life in Sudan. :o)

    peace,
    Beth

    ReplyDelete