Friday, August 6, 2010

Impossible.

“I will turn all my mountains into roads...” - Is. 49:11

God is speaking to the nation of Israel in this passage of Isaiah. He is promising them restoration in the land. This prophecy to the nation is one of hope and compassion. God reminds them that His covenant with them will be honored. They will never be forgotten. The thing they have given up on -- even despaired of-- will come to pass. Why? Because God said it.

He tells them that what looks like a mountain to them is really a smooth road to Him. For God nothing is impossible.

This comforts me as I’m easily overwhelmed by the mountains in my life. This person or that work is just too challenging. I want to give up. I want to run away.

But God reminds me not to despair. That mountain is put there to grow me in grace. This  person is here to teach me patience. That obstacle will work God’s perfect will in my life-- all for His glory.

He know all things. He is the source of all strength. For Him mountains are smooth paths. He is the God of the impossible.

If there is a problem in your life, trust Him with it. He will make your path smooth. Just you wait and see!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the reminder. Praying for you Stephanie.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dont know you but I see Gods strength in you, in your words. I will pray for you. Reading your blog i have been blessed and overwhelemed with emotions as I am 37 weeks preg about to have my baby here in foz, brazil as a missionary. I cant even complain in my curcumstance. It could be far worse than I could imagine. anyways God bless you and your work melisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love you, Steph! I'm praying for you!

    ReplyDelete