Friday, August 13, 2010

Update on a few stories...

The young man who had a motor bike accident is doing well. (Read his story below: FACE OFF) He has been coming in regularly for wound care. No permanent damage. I wonder if he'll ever get back on a bike again.

Then the story about the woman covered in burns (See her story: BURN UNIT) is also doing fabulous. She has been coming to the clinic by herself these last few days. She comes crawling on the ground... scooting forward as the pain allows. The first time I saw it I was amazed and mortified... But she is strong. Thank you so much for praying for her. Most of her wounds are 80% better.

And sadly... I have to say, my badger is gone. The man who 'gave' him to us wanted money. I refused to pay so he took him back. The sad thing is, he probably won't even keep little Corriander alive. I miss his sqwaaaakkkk. :- (

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow...thanks for the updates on how your two patients are doing. And so sad about little Coriander!!!! :( I'll grab a gecko here and name him Coriander for you ;o) Not quite the same but it's all I got, haha...better than a spider I suppose. Actually WAY better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the updates like this about past posts, Steph. It's nice to hear the good news, like this fellow 2-wheeled fan healing up nicely. And now I have a face to go with the story. (and so does he, thank the Lord)
    Jennifer (wifey)was wondering aloud about a possible outcome for the mom you told of in the Vasa Previa post. I thought, if everyone's prayers were answered we might never hear anymore about her. The hope is an ambulance came and swooped up mom and the necessary money for the hospital, and today she's stable.
    So many remarkable things going on each day, it must seem like life is a much faster pace for you than life in the states.
    Thanks for including us via this blog, as you run through the mission fields. It's beautiful to see Him work.

    ReplyDelete